Wednesday, September 28, 2011

D.C. Visit - Wegman's Field Trip!

Ok you guys are going to think I'm a total DWEEB but this entire blog post is devoted to a

....................????

GROCERY STORE!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yup!  You read that right a grocery store.  I've been DYING to visit Wegman's if I'm not mistaken it's a chain that started in New Jersey and has locations in NY, MA, PA, VA and MD.  I've long since heard about this grocery store people said it's a mix of Bristal Farms, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and European grocery store all rolled into one!  SO COOL! hahaha. 

I was not disappointed!


They have rows and rows of ready prepared foods everything from sandwiches to chicken Tikki Masala!  If you look at the top of the photo you'll see the top level is actually a coffee shop/eating area!



So much freshly prepared sushi. nom nom nom!


Soft baked pretzels made in house with dipping sauces! 


This was probably less than 1/10 of the cheese selection.



The desserts!


It looks just like the Parisian bakery that we visited while we were in France!



*DROOL*


Oscar the Grouch cupcakes!


Ok don't laugh at me but this looks so nommy I wish I had taken it home hahaha.  It's already pre-made all you have to do is bake it when you get home.  It's basically freshly made crab dip on top of a soft pretzel.  *DROOL*  I can only imagine how nommy this would be freshly baked out of the oven!









Hungry much?  I want to move home just so I can shop at Wegman's HAHAHA.  I told my husband when we come back from Germany I want to move right next door to Wegman's hahahahaha.




They had a running toy train hanging from the ceiling! haha It was so cute because they painted the wall so that when the train runs by it looks like it's actually going through the country side. HAHAHA. ok yeah so I'm a dork ;p


TOTAL AWESOMENESS!

39 comments:

  1. that is grocery store heaven!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an awesome grocery store. Everything looks and sounds so good. I think Alec Baldwin did a commerical for them at the behest of his mother lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dweeb? Noooo! I love grocery shopping too. Haha that makes us 2 dweebs. I think I could spend an entire day shopping here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude i looooove sick ass grocery stores like this!!! the desserts look soooo yummy! makes safeway look ghetto HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah, so cool! I would love to visit a Wegman's someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious foods and cakes! Yammi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa!! This is one of my favorite posts because I loveee grocery shopping. As silly as this might sound, I like hanging out at grocery stores. Especially cool ones like these where there is so much to look at! xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. This looks like a super market sent from the heavens. *_* I want to visit some day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gahhhhhhh you have me drooling onto my keyboard!!! Hahah kidding...maybe :P This looks soooo freaking good! My most awesome supermarket experience in america was whole foods and this looks 10000 times better! Another place to add to my to-visit list! (this list is growing steadily longer thanks to your foooood posts :P )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I SUPER SUPER LOVE GROCERY SHOPPING AND THAT'S NOT WEIRD AT ALL!!!! so you are not a dweeb XD I can spend hours in the grocery store just looking! I can't imagine when I come over to the states and see walmart,ill just...sleep inside there XD all the food looks sooo appetizing! and yes I support you to move next to wegman's !!:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wegmans is the best and I went to college around one. The store experience makes you want to keep going back and the fruit tarts are awesome!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  12. this reminds me so much of the whole foods here in austin. it's their headquarters/flagship and it's 3 STORIES! i eat lunch there at least 4 times a week.

    of course, as per usual, i am now starving after reading your post. looks like a VERY early lunch for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing!! looks like a food heaven the sushi looks so yummy so do the desserts! what did you buy?x

    ReplyDelete
  14. the grocery store looks awesome and they should get your cousins to model for them LOL! they make grocery shopping look like loads of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. i was so excited to read VA.. and darn.. googled it and it was 2.5 hours away. must make a trip next time i go to potomac mills ! lol.

    your cousins are so cute ! hope you are having a fab time in dc. i guess i must've missed the part where you were going to live in germany... i thought you just moved to texas.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. QWhat a supermarket!

    Ęø̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ę·

    ReplyDelete
  17. yum yum!!! One of my favorite grocery stores is called Nugget! :)

    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  18. They need to have these EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i would spend lots of time in this grocery store if it ever existed where i live :P and I would be 100 times the size i am from eating :p hahaha drooling overload for me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Luv Wegmans! wish it were here in where I live. They have a great hot bar!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my lord that shop looks like heaven and that sushi - utterly yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm constantly amazed by the variety of food available at the supermarkets in the US. We NEVER get anything like this over here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. so much variety. everything looks yummy and i have to say, your cousins are so cute and funny. i'm missing my nieces now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. this grocery store is hugetastic! so many things to buy and such a selection! You are so crazy for wanting to move next to it, but not THAT crazy! hahahaha
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love delicatessen sections at stores. They are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's so cute and there's not a section that I don't love.

    ReplyDelete
  27. okay your cousins take the best pictures!! haha, I love it!

    This grocery store is insane! I want to move next door too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wegmans is such a great store; you need to post this on their Facebook page.

    If you ever get the chance, check out Stew Leonards... Now that is a great grocery shopping experience ;)

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love grocery shopping! As therapeutic as shopping for clothes actually :)

    All that food pics are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  30. that looks like the coolest grocery store ever!!! so much foood!!!! *drool*

    i don't think i've ever drooled over raw food!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  31. holy friggin moly this market looks AMAZING!!! I want to move next door to it too! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow this store looks amazing! Those cupcakes and pretzels with dipping sauce look devine! x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow this grocery store really has everything you could possibly ever need. I live in NJ but I don't think I've ever seen a Wegman's near me. Your kids look so sweet btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think i just gained 15 pounds looking throught your pictures. *ugh*

    ReplyDelete
  35. My DC friends introduced me to Wegmans. So good.

    ReplyDelete