Friday, November 9, 2012

REVEAL: Vintage Chanel!


The last few weeks have been stressful and crazy for me and my ever thoughtful Hubby thought a little surprise pick me up was just what the Doctor ordered!

I heart him!!!


Hubby surprised me with a Vintage gold Chanel pendant!

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! 


SERIOUSLY DIE!!!!!

I was completely speechless for a couple of minutes and even after that all I could say was 

"OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG"

bahahahahaha!


It even has the back outside flap just like a life sized flap!


Chanel trademark!


Made in France (w/ Love at least that's what I like to think of all of Chanel's creations hehe :p)


I don't know a whole lot about this piece but I guesstimate it's from the 1980's -1990's because the interlocking CC's are used.

(Side note -The interlocking CC motif was created by Karl Lagerfeld in the 1980's NOT Coco Chanel. It really drives me bat sh*t crazy when I see blogs or forums apparently "devoted" to Chanel and they state up and down on their site that Coco Chanel created the interlocking CC flap.  Coco Chanel created the Mademoiselle flap in 1955 also known as the re-issue or the 2.55 with the rectangular lock. END RANT puhahaha!)

The necklace appears to be real gold or at the very least plated in real gold because the piece is remarkably BRIGHT gold in color and hardly tarnished at all which is very surprising because this piece is most likely between 10 to 30 years old.


The necklace is actually super heavy and whenever I put it on I can't help but think of Flava Flav and want to shout "FLAVVVAA FLAVV YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

BAHAHAHAHA.  

As you can probably surmise I am an unfortunate subscriber to trashy reality TV. ::SAD FACE:: hahaha


The back outside flap even has a tiny bit of space in it just like a life sized flap bag would! hehehee!  

The attention to detail is just too cute for words! 


Conversation that ensued after opening the box and after going gaga for a good 15 min.

Me: How did you pick this out??  

The Hub: What do you mean I just picked it out.

Me: I mean like how did you know I would L.O.V.E this?!?!

The Hubs: Oh.. well you wear really big and loud jewelry..... and your bags all look like that. So yeah.

Awesome right? bahahahahaha!!

Thank you hubby you are the bestest!!!!! :p

(BTW just wanted to add that Yoogi's closet is a seller of authorized pre-owned luxury goods! I was not paid by them to say that but I just wanted to clear that up in case people were wondering what Yoogi's closet was hehe :)

44 comments:

  1. It's so pretty, Lisa! And it looks really big... no doubt it's kind of heavy. Show us what it looks like on!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. O..M..G Lisa!! Your husband is so sweet! It is absolutely gorgeous!! I can't wait to see you wear it. :) And funny the way he picked it out for you! He just knows you too well. ;)

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha your hubby is uh-mazing!! Seriously~ Beautiful necklace! You know so much about the Chanel bags!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazinggggggggggggggggg! The perfect addition to your Chanel collection mwahah. I recently bought a giant tooth necklace which is like one of those FBI chains that people wear on TV but that's not quite the same thing is it...hahaahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!! (as how Barney Stinson would say it)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omggg looooove!! You must take a picture of it on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reality TV too!! HAHA My bf always says I watch too much fake drama.. :( lol

    Anywoo! It's super cute that your hubby knows you so well! :D That necklace is gangsta chic!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. So shiny! I'm not into go gold at all, but that is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your husband is AWESOME, Lisa!!! He is a keeper girl. Gotta love the conversations you guys had over this vintage pendant. It is lovely and is so you, I can't wait to see how you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL!
    Please post a picture of you wearing it! I'd love to see how long the necklace is!

    Trashy reality tv is the best tv!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your husband is SOoooooooooooo sweet! Love the pendant, you lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful! hope to see it with an outfit post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO cute !!! Love love love it!!

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's gorgeous. you've got one awesome husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this necklace is really, really pretty! and honestly, you have THE best husband everrrr! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Salt City Bakery Giveaway
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. vintage! love. Your Hubby is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really do have the sweetest hubby Lisa... love that he picked it out for you. What a sweet gesture! Hope you feel better soon from all that stress!

    xo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGGGGGGGGGGGG! This is awesome! I can feel your excitement. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. BEAUTIFUL!!!!! What a lucky gal you are!!! What a sweet hubby you have!! Hope you have a great weekend, ones that is filled with lots of fun, no stress. Stress causes wrinkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. super brownie points for the hubby..AGAIN! please wear this around like flava flav...you HAVE to. and then record it so we can live through you hahaha. i also love how you included the info about the interlocking cc`s `cause so many people get confused!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hubby of the year award goes to yours!!!! LOL.

    it's beautiful. can't wait to see how you dress it up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lisa, I have said this before and I will say it again. Your hubs needs to put on a world wide seminar on how to treat one's wife and keep her happy. It's gorgeous and so unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I honestly cannot even handle your husband... where can I go to find someone like that?! :) You lucky girl! That is so fabulous, loving all of the precise detailing :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your hubby is the BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Um, you know you are the luckiest girl ever and have the best husband in the world right? Right.

    xoxo, Julie @ //OBSESSED//

    ReplyDelete
  26. awwn ur hubby is super sweet and cool for buying u the pendant! its so beautiful! cant wait to see u style it with ur outfits! and LOL at the Flava flave!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOL @ the hubby - boys are so 'simple' in their logic

    yeahhh boy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely! And your husband knows you so well! I hate it when people say Chanel created the CC design because that's the smartest move Karl ever did! He branded Chanel and made it into an uber successful look. (:

    ReplyDelete
  29. how amazing! i can't wait to see you pair it with your outfits! =D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, amazing !!! and so does your hub hahaha.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh wow the details are amazing! your hubby did a great choice!
    you look like have a great walk in closet :)

    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  32. Where can i find a man like yours???Just kiddin....Perfect choice!!!
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is AMAZING!! You are so lucky! Your husband is perfect!!!
    http://shopaholiconashoestring.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lol at the conversation! He is so awesome!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. UM. OMMMMGGGGOMMMGOMGGGGG! How freakin' amazing.. great job to your hubsta!

    xx Love & Aloha
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOVELY!! But What? No modelling pic?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi my friend! I'm back (had no internet for a while, switched apartments, etc) so I'm catching up on reading your blog - this is SO amazing! What a gorgeous piece! He's so thoughtful:):)
    Picture with it on IMMEDIATELY please!

    xx
    The Fashionable ESQ
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Omg your hubs is so cute by being able to put "two and two" together! LOL big jewelry and bags! This is soooo pretty! Oh I read that tid bit about the chanel locks too! I wanna ask, did the locks on the reissue, the rectangle ones signify her "singleness" in anyway since she never married? I think I read that somewhere but am not sure if it's totally true =S But to be honest I think I'd get the double C's cause it's so pretty, sorry coco =P Also I read that she wasn't the modest woman so many people think of her as and was in fact quite the opposite? Is this true again or have I been reading a bunch of bullocks?!

    ReplyDelete