Wednesday, June 4, 2014

GLAMGLOW SuperMud Beauty Review


Hi!!  As most of you know I don't really do beauty reviews.. because well I'm not a beauty blogging (actually I'm not a really anything blogger now that I think about it I just blog about whatever randomness is going on. lol) And I really like to leave the beauty blogging to legit beauty bloggers.  But this has been on my radar for awhile and I thought I'd do a quickie review because it's supposedly been touted as a "cult favorite" by celebrities.


I ordered the GLAMGLOW "Gift Sexy" gift set.  

GLAMGLOW is famous for two different masks SUPERMUD & YOUTHMUD and honestly I wasn't sure which would be best for me so I just decided to pick up the gift set.


This dual set retails for $69 which is the same price if you were to purchase the masks separately. However when you purchase them separately the jar is 1.7 oz.  While in this set the SUPERMUD is 1.2 oz and the YOUTHMUD is .05 oz.  So you're basically paying for it as if you were paying for one jar of product.  I just checked the website and I noticed that they are now offering .05 oz sizes of the product for $19.


Today I'm just reviewing the SUPERMUD.  This is the one that supposedly targets problematic skin - breakouts, discoloration, black and white heads ect.

I just want to preface this by saying I don't have SUPER problematic skin but I definitely think it could be better for sure.  I do have pores and I do breakout.

This is what it looks like on the inside. Honestly for the price it's really not a lot of product. However it does tell you to only smear a thin layer of the product and or use it for spot treatments.  


Right after I applied a thin layer...


5 mins...


10 mins... 


15 mins...

and


The full 20 mins!


The mask basically dried into a hard clay mask and the darker bits that you see are supposedly where it has pulled up the dirt, oil and any other bad stuff floating in, on and around your face.


After I washed it off I felt like my pores, black and white heads did look a bit smaller.  While it worked I honestly don't think it was a dramatic difference, being that this is the "miracle in a jar" everyone has been talking about (especially considering the price).  My face felt clean but not as revitalizing as I was hoping/expecting. 

Hopefully I'll have a review of the YOUTHMUD up as soon as I can to test it out :)

Have you dolls tried this product out yet?  

What did you think?

15 comments:

  1. yes, I have tried all the Glamglow treatments and Supermud is my favorite. It is not a miracle in a jar but does help a lot with controlling my breakouts. Since it is not cheap at all, I sometimes use it as a spot treatment to make my bucks go further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the white bottle! just got it today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased the same set and the smaller youthmud ended up drying up towards the end - luckily I had some sephora 100 point samples of them to use so they are sealed and won't dry up *hopefully*. I do agree with you that I don't notice a SIGNIFICANT difference but it does get some of them out, especially since I have stubborn blackheads on my nose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was excited to hear what you had to say, a lot of ladies on youtube if you've been watching have raved about this brand but I'm not a huge fan of liquid masks and wash off masks. I'm glad you did notice some difference but I was expecting more than okay too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urghh!! I've been reading about this EVERYWHERE and everyone seems to love it! So thank you for giving your honest opinion because I'm pretty sure your post is one of the few that actually doesn't think this thing is the best thing since sliced bread :P

    x
    Phoebe | Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay-- I officially live under a rock regarding beauty products. I think that is because it is so hard to get US products here (and a lot of the Asian ones clean your skin, something I am not interested in), but mostly because I have a brand of skincare products that I love and swear by (despite a hefty price tag)…. that being said, I really appreciate your review. I hate when I read reviews that tell me something is amazing, get me all excited and then I discover that they are ehhh or just nice at best.

    ~Alexis Grace of North On Harper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very honest review Lisa.. u hv great skin anyways.. Thanks fr sharing ur review xo
    http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the honesty in your review and for sharing the photos, it dries up amazingly! Your skin looks really fresh and glowing after you washed it off. Thanks for your kind visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great review, lisa! I love your honesty. It's refreshing. I didn't really care for it when I tried it. I prefer the Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Mask and it's much cheaper. Let me know if want me to send you a sample of it.

    Best, Mree

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review Lisa!! I always value your opinion :) I heard so much about it, however I haven't tried it yet as my skin is changing a lot now that it's getting warmer.
    xoxo
    Suzanne from written by suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great!!!! :) http://outsidefashioncatwalk.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love it this type os masks thanks for your review!
    Looks like a good product!
    xx


    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. great review!
    www.mrsnoone.it
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review ! This type of mask is very good for the skin, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete