Wednesday, February 26, 2014

In The Kitchen: JAPANESE OMLETTE RICE

The Hubs mentioned I should document the things that I make.

So here's my awkward attempt.


I just want to preface this by saying I'm definitely NOT a food blogger (I've stated before.. I'm not really a ANYTHING blogger.. not a fashion.. not a lifestyle.. I just blog about whatever happens to be going on at the moment.)

But I just wanted to share with you guys some quick and easy meals that I do in my household :)

At this point I had already started prep/cooking so my pictures are awkwardly starting after I had already began lol. 

Omurice is traditionally made with chicken but the main component is KETCHUP!  You can read about Japanese Omelet rice/Omurice HERE on Wikipedia :)

I usually do about 1 to 1.5 cups of uncooked rice which makes about 3 servings.  A tsp of olive oil and I let the cooked rice sit on the pan for 10 to 15 min and flip that way it gets really crispy.  And then I sprinkle 1/4 cup of fried garlic (because garlic makes everything taste better but this part isn't necessary :) 


I always make Japanese Omelet Rice whenever the fridge is running low/things are going to expire ect.

So here I have 1 omelet already cooked roughly 1 raw egg
2 cups peas
2 cups broccoli (You can use less veggies.. but I tend to like to pile as much veggies into our food whenever we eat at home)
1 cup surimi (fake crab meat)
1 package of pork & mushroom meatballs (you can find this at any Asian grocery store)


Just pour the egg onto the pan and let it cook.  It's suppose to be SLIGHTLY raw like the egg on the left NOT on the right (to be totally honest I was distracted because Downton Abbey was playing in the background LOL.)

And then just add all the prepped foods in with the rice + 1 tsp of soy sauce and stir together.

(Traditionally Omurice is actually made with the ketchup COOKED into the fried rice but I don't like soggy fried rice so I don't do that but if you like it by all means :)


Afterwards I put the fried rice in a bowl and pack it tightly and flip it over onto the plate so it looks presentable.

And then just put the egg on top of the rice!


Lots of ketchup on top and my favorite Furikake and you're done! :)

Easy peasy under 30 min meal!

I hope you guys will try it and let me know how you liked it!!

BTW sorry for the awful photos/shadows.. we live in a REALLLLY really old building here in Germany and the lighting is horrible and we have very little counter space.  Coupled with the fact that my back is also turned away from the light source because the counter is really small causing shadows!! Sorry :(

24 comments:

  1. Yummy, I used to eat that all the time when I was little. I'm gonna grab some ingredients at the store so I can make it for the kids. Thanks for the food idea, I was running out of ideas of what to make lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love omurice!! Mmmm.. this looks easy to make and yummy!!


    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooks sooo good! So easy to make, I totally need to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loveeeee omurice!! there are no japanese restaurants in toronto that has omurice ><
    looks so gooooooddddd, i wish i can make it, but i ALWAYS ALWAYS burn the eggs! ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If that thing makes me hungry right now that means the pictures are VERY GOOD!! LOL.. omg this looking delish and i always put the rice into the bowl and flip it to the plate so it looks like a pro restaurant style in asia. haha. I definitely gonna try make this! Thanks for recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ketch up and eggs are the best combo. This looks delicious. Btw, you're a good blogger - don't think anything different.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks yummie! I love visiting your blog as you are always going on some adventure and I like reading about it. I also your closet and would like to move in there!!! I think our bags would have fun together!! Ha!!

    Best, Mree

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks SO delicious! I've never had it at a Japanese restaurant before - just once at a Taiwaneese noodle house and I was OBSESSED!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so yummy, Lisa! I really want to give it a try because it totally sounds like something I would love to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this, Lisa! I'd definitely want to do this at home ;)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so yummy! I want to try making it this weekend! Your blog is lovely! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Facebook or bloglovin to stay in touch? Let me know, thanks!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun recipe!! I would love to see more :)
    xoxo
    Suzanne from written by suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my i started salivating after watching the pics.. Lol.. thanks for sharing.. xo
    Hey Do have a look at my latest post on my blog too .. Thank u ♥♥
    http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in/2014/02/my-first-make-up-haul-in-2014-featuring.html
    Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MyLittleWorldOfMakeUp?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, you made me hungry here!
    Do visit my blog at http://www.wellnessandvanity.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Gosh this looks so delicious!
    Thanks for sharing!
    stay in touch
    www.cosmochics.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...looks yummy lisa..u r multi talented..
    YumYum..thnx for sharing n love the clicks sweethrt

    my recent one :http://www.dbreviews.co.uk/2014/02/braun-silk-epil-preepilation-wipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahh that looks sooooo yummyyyyyy! you did an awesome job :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. loveley
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh gawd now I am hungry! Great blog post ^_^.

    www.crazypoplock.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is really refreshing to see your cooking process. The hubz is definitely right that you should document the cooking. Lots of my newly wedded friends with their own home also post pictures of their cooking. I guess it is sorta fun trying your hands at cooking and seeing your creation no matter how simple.

    The omelette looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete