Friday, March 14, 2014

Step by Step: My Everyday Makeup!

Hi!  I've gotten a few requests for how I do my makeup so here we go!

I just want to preface this by saying I'm not a beauty blogger ect. (and there are some SERIOUSLY amazing ones out there that I'm in awe of!!)

I've never taken makeup classes or anything it's just sort of what I've learned from trial and error over the years.  So I just wanted to share with you dolls how I'm doing my makeup right now :)

Bath & Body Works anti-bac, Clear Eyes Maximum Redness Relief, SK-ii Essential Power Cream, Smashbox Photo Finish Light, Carmex Lip Balm

Ok let's get started!

So for me "prep" is REALLY important.  Especially now that I'm 30 (eeps!) I definitely feel like my age is catching up to my skin ect more these days then ever before.

Step 1. Hand Sanitize  (I'm a germaphobe.)  

Step 2. Eye Drops

Step 3. Moisturize

Step 4. Prime

Step 5. Lip Balm (doing it at the being moisturizes your lips so that at the end your lipstick glides on a lot smoother.)


A dime sized amount of Primer and then I dot it basically in my T-Zone (in other words wherever I have giant pores lol!)

MUFU HD Foundation & BeautyBlender

Step 6: Foundation.  

The BeautyBlender has COMPLETELY transformed my life.  I actually resisted getting it for like I think a good year even though I kept seeing/hearing about it on blogs/vlogs/magazines.. because I'm an old fart and and don't like change.  But a girlfriend actually gave it to me as a birthday gift and let me just tell you it's AMAZING!  I use to always use a foundation brush and would get these awful streaks but no more!

Also since you're actually suppose to use it wet I always take it to the bathroom and squeeze some baby soap in it and give it a few good squeezes before I put on my foundation so it's basically "clean" every time I use it.  Definitely cleaning it more then when I used foundation brushes lol.


Also because you use it wet I found that one good pump of foundation is all I need whereas before I would probably use at least 2 pumps if not more.  Which usually leads to really cakey looking skin. Bleh!


I basically dot it in the same places that I dotted my primer. 


And from there on out I blend outwards and dab dab dab! 

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat

Step 7: "Concealer" 

The reason for the quotation marks is because the YSL Touche Eclat I think is really more of a "brightener" and less of a concealer.  It reflects light so that it basically "tricks" the eye from seeing the dark shadows ect. Versus a real concealer that is actually truly concealing.


I use it it in area's wherever there are dark shadows - if you need help finding them I always tilt my head slightly forward and look directly in the mirror and the shadows on your face will become very apparent.


And then just use the BeautyBlender again to blend it all into your foundation.  Also make sure when you're doing concealer to dab do not rub it in.

Too Faced in Chocolate Soleil

Step 8: Bronzer

I like to use a non sparkly bronzer for face contouring.

(And my face needs it as I basically have a wide flat pancake face lol.) 


For the sake of showing you guys how I do my bronzer/blush I was a little more heavy handed then usual. But don't worry all of this just gets blended out later on :)

I use the "E-3" formation.  Start at the temples swoop down to the hallows of your cheek and then on to your jawline.

Nars Deep Throat

Step 9: Blush


For reference the right side has blush on and the left side doesn't.  I apply it in a sweeping motion on my apples and into where I bronze.


Here you can see quite distinctively where my blush and bronzer are and then I blend the two of them together.

Benefit Glam Girl Palette

Step 10: Eyeshadow

A nude neutral shimmery color and sweep it all over my eyelids.


And then a darker purple/grey/taupe color underneath my eyelid line.


For reference the right hand eye has the shimmer nude and purple shadows on already.


Step 11: Eyeliner


I start by drawling a line in the middle my eyelid and then extend it further past my eyes.  (Btw I don't waterline/tightline because my eyes are small and I think it make my eyes look even smaller)


After that I draw a tiny line on the corner of my outer eye that connects with the end of the first line creating a sort of triangle.


And then I fill it in for a cat eye.


Maybelline eyebrow pencil in Med Brown

Step 12: Eyebrows

As for my eyebrows.. let's just say they are a constant work in progress! 

I wouldn't say I necessarily LOVE LOVE my brows now but I think I'm getting the hang of it more and more these days.


And as proof I dug up some photos of my early 20's

Let's call this the "Best of Brows" 

(OBVIOUSLY sarcastic lol)


YIKES!!!  

So as you can see I didn't just have ONE type of bad brows.. I had several bahahaha... not to mention bad eye shadow.. bad eyeliner.. bad foundation.. ect.

Ok and with that little detour down memory lane this concludes how I do my everyday makeup.

Stay tune for Part 2 - Taking my Everyday makeup to Night time makeup!

Disclosure - All of these are my own products (except for the Benefit palette which was gifted to me by American Express) and I am not being reimbursed for this in any way shape or form. Cha Cha Cha!

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Lisa! I have also been quite curious as to which products you use hehe I am a few posts late but what colour lippie did you have on in the OOTD: Chevron Moto post below? The red is gorgeous on you ♡

    The tip on the touche eclat was quite helpful for me, all the while I was using is as a concealer lol Will try it on the areas you highlighted!

    Also, your weightloss is even more apparent in your latest pictures! Looking great and well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so amazed by what people can do with makeup and to me, your makeup routine seems pretty amazing. When it comes to makeup, I'm pretty lazy. I'm just hoping to avoid any serious makeup mishaps and ending up looking like a beauty pageant contestant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw you cutie pie!! love how you just did this post and the everyday makeup steps :) thank you for sharing! i always love to see how people do their everyday makeup hehehe

    muchos loveee hehehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post! Very clear, precise and detailed...love it! I'm wondering if you wear sunscreen in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, to be honest you didnt change at all judging from your oldies picture! You still look 20s! :D I love your everyday makeup! im obssessed with your eyebrow now!

    www.yoannita90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved that eye liner trick and hey u did a great job.. loved it.. Thanks fr sharing n Happy Friday xo
    Please check out the latest post on my blog too.. Thank u ♥♥
    http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in/2014/03/coloressence-bridal-kajal-in-black.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think anyone needs classes to be a beauty blogger. The beauty of blogging is that it's a free-for-all - for professionals, businesses, as well as personal outlet.

    With that said, you did a beautiful job. Also, what beautiful skin you have. SKII is a great product and it obviously works for you.

    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty makeup! I love all the products u used!! U look great doll!!

    www.thesunshinegirll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. And now I'm off to check out Sephora, hehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great explanation!! Very detailed. Love the cat eye on you. I wish I could do that.

    Best, Mree

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely loved this post! I always find it interesting to see what people do when it comes to applying their usual daily makeup. You're so clean! I'm absolutely horrible! everything I do is hands... hands... fingers. fingers :p
    I lovet he YSL touche eclat too! Unfortunately in Australia it cost a fortune to purchase :( so I opted for a cheaper version which is still a whooping $30+ Aus Dollars! Loreal lumi magique concealer

    ReplyDelete
  12. great tutorial! Thank you dear :)
    Do you like following each other? If you want,let me know :)

    x Maria
    New outfit post up on my blog
    featuring the perfect high waist jeans
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this post! With or without makeup, you look great. Btw, you look like you've been losing some weight. Your face is getting thinner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous post step by step ! You are beautiful and I really love this makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!! I'm so excited you shared this :) You did such a great job too!! You showed every step so well. I love the beauty blender as well.. I use it everyday! And I recently bought the YSL touche eclat, can't wait to use it!! Looking forward to part two :) Oh and I started following you on Google plus!
    Happy Friday xoxo
    Suzanne from written by suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful post, thanks so much for sharing it and the step by step pictures were fantastic. You use a terrific range of products, I really need the YSL concealer and love the pretty blush and eye shadow shades. Your makeup is beautifully done. Wishing you a wonderful weekend hun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so fun Lisa and I use so many of the same products as you like the primer/HD foundation and the Nars blush too! You look so beautiful and really look pro in these - lol about the eyebrows (at least you had them in your early 20's) I finally realized I need to make mine darker to even see mine. haha. You look so beautiful and glowing in these photos and I read your night makeup one and really want to get that spray now asap!

    xoDale

    ReplyDelete